The Cisco 819 integrated services router family, designed in compact hardened and non-hardened form factors, is the small Cisco IOS software router with support for integrated fourth-generation (4G LTE) wireless WAN (mobile broadband backhaul) and WLAN capabilities. The Cisco 819 ISR gateway provides a rapidly deployable, highly available, reliable, and secure solution designed specifically for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. Markets that benefit from these applications include industrial automation, transportation, financial, health care, utility, and retail.
- Single platform for multiple applications
- Hardened router industrial-grade components
- Lightweight, compact size with low power consumption
- Enhanced security
- Dual subscriber-identity-module (SIM) support
- Allows an entire subnet or mobile network to maintain connectivity to the home network while roaming
- Authorization and authentication determines which individuals and devices have access to the network
- Firewall protection provides perimeter security when using public networks
- 3DES and AES encryption provides for highly secure VPNs when transmitting and receiving data over public networks
- Intrusion detection monitors potential malicious activity within the network
- Provides traffic precedence to delay-sensitive or prioritized applications
- Facilitates low-latency routing of delay-sensitive applications such as streaming video
- Allows efficient broadcast of data or video for increased situational awareness, multiuser communications, or surveillance applications
- Ability to host networks in motion
The Cisco 819 uses standards-based Mobile IP features in Cisco IOS software to host networks in motion. Transition to different wireless networks is transparent to the users and devices (such as laptops, smart devices, and surveillance cameras), and applications maintain continuous connectivity without the user's manual intervention as WAN links change. In addition to allowing a single node or device to stay connected, the Cisco 819 allows an entire mobile network or subnet to stay connected.
- Retail VPN
Retail stores migrating from dialup connections for point-of-sale transactions can use the 4G LTE wireless WAN option on the Cisco 819 for low-cost broadband access with the required security to comply with payment-card-industry and other data security requirements. Multiple devices and applications can then be added to the store network to take advantage of the increased bandwidth and to enable secure mobility and enhance productivity.