The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X series switches are an enterprise-class line of stackable switches. These switches provide high availability, scalability, security, energy efficiency, and ease of operation with innovative features such as Cisco StackPower, IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) configurations, and Media Access Control Security (MACsec) features. The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X series with StackWise Plus technology provides scalability, ease of management and investment protection for the evolving business needs. The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X enhances productivity by enabling applications such as IP telephony, wireless, and video for borderless network experience.
- Industry first PoE+ in 1 rack unit (RU) form factor
- Media Access Control Security (MACsec) hardware-based encryption
- IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, advanced quality of service (QoS), and security features in hardware
- Enhanced Cisco EnergyWise for operational cost optimization
- USB Type-A and Type-B ports for storage and console respectively and an out-of-band Ethernet management port
- Isco StackPower technology for sharing power among stack members
- Cisco StackWise Plus technology for ease of use and resiliency
- Cisco StackWise Plus technology
Cisco StackWise Plus technology is built on the highly successful industry leading StackWise technology, which is a premium stacking architecture optimized for GbE. StackWise technology was designed to respond to additions, deletions, and redeployment while maintaining constant performance. StackWise creates a highly resilient single unified system of up to nine switches, providing simplified management using a single IP address, single telnet session, single command-line interface (CLI), auto-version checking, auto configuration, and more. StackWise Plus supports all the features of StackWise and provides backward compatibility with the existing Cisco Catalyst 3750 series switches while enhancing the throughput of the system up to 64Gbps. StackWise Plus also enables local switching in Cisco Catalyst 3750-X series switches.
- Cisco StackPower technology
The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X series introduces Cisco StackPower technology, innovative power interconnect system that allows the power supplies in a stack to be shared as a common resource among all the switches. Cisco StackPower unifies the individual power supplies installed in the switches and creates a pool of power, directing that power where it is needed. Up to four switches can be configured in a StackPower stack with the special connector at the back of the switch using the StackPower cable.