The Cisco 40GBASE-SR4 CFP module supports link lengths of up to 150 m, respectively, over laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fiber cables. It enables high-bandwidth 40 Gigabit Ethernet optical links over ribbon fiber cables terminated with female MPO/MTP 12-fiber connectors.
- Support for 40GBASE Ethernet and OTU3 standards
- Interoperability with respective industry IEEE-and/or OTU3-compliant interfaces
- Variety of interface choices for 40 Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Support for "pay-as-you-populate" model
- Support for digital optical monitoring (DOM)
- Support for the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature