The Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 enhances people-centric communications, combining superior high-definition (HD) audio performance and 360-degree coverage for all sizes of conference rooms and executive offices. It provides an audiophile sound experience with a full-duplex two-way wideband (G.722) audio hands-free speaker.
- Superior wideband acoustics with the first two-element speaker in a conference phone
- Expanded room coverage with support for daisy chaining two units
- Support for DECT wireless extension microphones
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling
- Device authentication and signaling encryption using Transport Layer Security (TLS) with Advanced Encryption Standard 128 (AES-128)
- Media encryption using Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) with AES-128
- Expanded room coverage
160-degree conical pattern provides even coverage of listening area. Four Hemi-Cardioid microphones are perfectly spaced so that they combine to provide a 180-degree pick-up pattern around the device. Speech is captured at the same level at all points around the Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831.
- Wired microphones
These microphones extend the operational range of the Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 with even coverage around the periphery of the device with 7 feet of additional reach.
- Wireless microphones
DECT wireless microphones for the Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 provide additional coverage with the added flexibility of 300 feet of range.
- Wired control panel
The panel allows easy control of the unit and viewing of the display without having to move the entire unit.