The HP ProLiant DL160 Gen8 server is a dual-socket, high-performance 1U rack server featuring enhanced manageability and scalability. The HP ProLiant DL160 Gen8 server is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, web serving and other hyperscale environments.
The DL160 Gen8 features:
Unprecedented HPC and Hyperscale Capabilities in an Efficient Design
- HP SmartMemory with unmatched performance, quality and manageability advantage over industry standard memory coupled with latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 product family with up to 8 cores, 24MB cache, 8.0GT/s QPI (2 ports), 80 PCI lanes. Max memory footprint: 768GB.
- HP FlexibleLOM provides the ability to customise server networking today and the ability to meet future needs without overhauling server hardware. Provides choice of bandwidth (1G or 10G) and fabric (Ethernet, FCoE, InfiniBand), supports WOL, and provides a shared iLO port for ease of use.
- New generation of Smart Array RAID controller and support for HP Smart Storage including PCIe 3.0, HP SmartDrives, and HP Flash Backed Write Cache with capacity up to 2GB. Choice of up to eight 2.5-inch SFF or four 3.5-inch LFF SAS, SATA, SSD drives with optical media.
Industry Leading Management Solutions for Peace of Mind
- HP Active Health System provides 24x7 continuous health monitoring, 100% configuration change logging, and faster problem analysis with HP Service and Support.
- Agentless hardware monitoring and alerting capabilities are built into the server with HP Agentless Management (runs on iLO 4 chipset). Starts working the moment that a power cord and an Ethernet cable is connected to the server.
- HP Insight Online is a new capability which provides one-stop, personal and secure portal for anywhere, anytime management. It allows you to monitor, manage and support your infrastructure remotely. It is seamlessly integrated into HP Support centre and HP Insight Remote Support v7.
- HP Intelligent Provisioning takes strengths from products like SmartStart, Smart Update Manager and ProLiant Support Packs, enhances them with the latest ease of use features and places them where you can use them instantly: on the system board.
Proactive Service and Support to Redefine Service Experience
- The industry’s first cloud-based, IT management and support portal, HP Insight Online transforms the typical support experience by automatically collecting system health, assets and warranty information and reduce time spent on searching for information, on the phone and more time up and running.
- HP provides the industry’s first proactive support services designed specifically for next generation server platforms, combined with an integrated management and support experience delivered onboard the system, remotely and online, thereby keeping your IT systems and business up and running.
- HP ServiceONE partners get you responsive services tailored to your unique business needs required while planning your ambitious projects. Our qualified partners leverage HP’s ProActive Insight architecture, innovative services and leading-edge delivery capabilities to provide superior value.
- User inspired design features that anticipate your needs and virtually eliminate common issues that result in downtime including HP SmartDrive carriers, Smart Socket guides, "Snap and Go" Rail kit options, enhanced cable and mechanical design.
Energy Efficiency Leadership
- Automated Energy Optimisation improves the server’s ability to analyse and respond to “3D sea of sensors” data within the server as well as self-identify location and inventory through HP Insight Control for maximum workload optimisation across the entire data centre.
- Industry first high efficiency HP Platinum Plus power supplies (460W, 750W) that communicate with an HP Intelligent PDU to automatically track servers as they are plugged in and insures that redundant power supplies are actually plugged into redundant PDUs.
- Right-sized HP ProLiant power supplies meet the exact needs, reclaiming lost data centre power. Less oversubscription means more capacity opportunity. Be sure to use the HP Power Adviser for selecting the right size power supply.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified server configurations illustrate HP's continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money. Also High efficiency processor options give the additional flexibility to minimise power requirement without compromising on performance.
HP 1U friction Gen8 rail kit included as standard.