The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server is built to protect your investment and extend server life with reliability, accessibility and serviceability features designed in. The Dl380e offers flexibility, performance, and enterprise-class uptime in a 2U rack server.
The all-new HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server is purpose-built to:
- Enhance flexibility and lower cost—meet essential data centre requirements while allowing for future growth
- Redefine the customer experience through user-inspired design features
- Eliminate tedious, time-consuming tasks with agentless hardware monitoring, built-in alerting, and Intelligent Provisioning
- Boost application, storage, and I/O performance—deliver up to 200% more memory over previous generations and support the latest HP Storage and Smart Array controllers
The DL380e Gen8 features:
- Optimised efficiency and performance with up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2400 series processors, which automatically regulate power consumption and intelligently adjust server performance.
- Enhanced flexibility with capacity for up to 384 GB of HP SmartMemory, three available PCI-express Gen 3 expansion slots and a PCI Gen 2 slot. The server also includes an optional 2 x16 riser for an additional two PCI Gen3 slots (six total).
- Unprecedented storage performance, flexibility, and density. The DL380e Gen8 offers a variety of drive cages to meet vastly different storage requirements based on workload. For small form factor, we offer eight and 25 drive cage options. For LFF we standardise on a cage that can support up to eight LFF drives based on controller selection and offer a 12 LFF drive cage option for increased affordable storage density. We also offer a 12 LFF “point-to-point” backplane for customers looking to maximize storage throughput as well as two LFF or two SFF rear drives for increased capacity or
OS mirroring with additional physical security.
- Support for the full lineup of standup Smart Array controllers as well as Dynamic Smart Array controllers. Customers looking for up to six LFF SATA drives support can utilise our base controller offering, the B120i controller with an optional upgrade to B320i with up to 512 MB cache, and Smart Array standup upgrade with up to 2G flash backed write cache.
- Enterprise-class serviceability including improved cable design, HP’s exclusive Smart Socket Guide, redundant fan capability, telescoping rails, and cable management arm.
HP 2U Small Form Factor Ball Bearing Gen8 Rail Kit with Cable Management Arm included as standard