The HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 server blends efficiency with cutting edge technology and has built in future-proofing to meet your demanding workloads both today and in the future.
Helps increase performance, durability, and storage capacity
- Offers higher performance, better power efficiency, and more adaptability with the built-in Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor family, including Intel QuickPath, Integrated Memory Controller, Turbo Boost, Intelligent Power Technologies, and Trusted Execution Technology.
- Creates greater memory bandwidth, DIMM count and new memory health programs with less downtime with HP SmartMemory; new memory slots allow up to 768 GB of maximum memory and 128 GB at maximum speeds of 1,600 MHz.
- Provides complete data protection with embedded HP Smart Array P420i RAID controller, transportable Flash Back Write Cache (FBWC), and RAID 6 options.
- Renders quicker access to data and increases storage bandwidth for cutting-edge storage performance with up to 16 serial-attached SCSI (SAS) drives and new embedded Smart Array RAID controllers.
- Communicates with HP Intelligent PDU with high-efficiency HP Platinum Plus common-slot power supplies (460 W, 750 W, 1200 W) to enable redundant supplies to be plugged into redundant power distribution units (PDUs).
- Qualifies ENERGY STAR® ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server configurations.
- Enables ambidextrous cable management arm option with cabling flexibility and management for quick access to the server.
- Installs quickly with new universal tool-free sliding rails. Quick release levers allow fast server access.
Enables improved application, storage, and I/O performance
- Supports RDIMM, UDIMM, and LRDIMM with up to 768 GB capacity and 128 GB capacity at 1,600 MHz. HP SmartMemory delivers up to 2x more memory capacity over previous generations.
- Reduces data loss with long-term data retention with FBWC standard. New embedded HP Smart Array P420i RAID controller and support for HP SmartStorage, including PCIe 3.0, HP SmartDrives and HP FBWC with capacity up to 2 GB. Choice of up to sixteen 2.5-inch SFF or eight 3.5-inch LFF SAS, Serial ATA (SATA), and Solid State (SS) drives with optical media.
- Converges the ability to customise server networking today and meet future needs with FlexibleLOM. Currently, provides choice of bandwidth between 1G and 10G, with the ability to upgrade to 20G and 40G when the technology becomes available. Fabric (Ethernet, FCoE, InfiniBand) supports Wake-On-Lan (WOL) and offers a shared iLO port for ease of use.
Removes tedious, time-consuming tasks with intuitive, configurable management system
- Takes strengths from products like HP SmartStart, HP Smart Update Manager and HP ProLiant Support Packs on Intelligent Provisioning and enhances them with the latest ease-of-use features as well as places them, where they can be used instantly on the system board.
- Starts working the moment a power cord and an Ethernet cable are connected to the server. Agentless hardware monitoring and alerting capabilities are built into the server with HP Agentless Management (runs on iLO 4 chipset).
- Provides 24x7 continuous health monitoring with HP Active Health System that logs 100 percent configuration changes, and helps quicken analysis of problems with HP Service and Support.
Redefines server experience
- Automated Energy Optimisation improves the server's ability to analyse and respond to "3D sea of sensors" data within the server as well as self-identify location and inventory through HP Insight Control for maximum workload optimisation across the entire data centre.
- Precise control of server fans to direct cooling and reduce unnecessary fan power with the first 3D array of temperature sensors that is part of the HP-unique Thermal Discovery.
- Dynamic Workload Acceleration delivers smarter data protection for ever-increasing drive capacities, real-time workload-aware analysis to optimise and adapt storage performance and 6x faster solid state performance versus previous generation.
- User-inspired design features-HP SmartDrive carriers, smart socket guide, "Snap and Go" rails, flat cabling design, and easy tool-less access-anticipate your needs and help eliminate common issues that result in downtime of all customer serviceable components.
Also included: HP 2U Small Form Factor Ball Bearing Gen8 Rail Kit with Cable Management Arm